Back

Biomass upgrade for Hadspen House

Hadspen House is an exquisite Grade II Manor house situated on the edge of Castle Cary.  The original farmhouse was built by William Player between 1687 and 1689; the Hobhouse family acquired the house in 1785 and have owned it up until 2014, when it was sold to a new buyer.

Part of the estate is being restored and developed by the new owner to provide luxury holiday accommodation within the existing farm buildings and cottages. Part of this development involved the building of an Energy Centre where it will provide heat, electrical energy and pressurised cold water which will be distributed throughout this area of the Estate.

Wessex Building Services worked with Energy Innovations, and installed a variety of electrical and mechanical works including a 199kw Biomass Boiler, two gas fired back up boilers and emergency lighting.

Please see our Case Study section for more information.